Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


As always, the guest of honor




Dear Mom and Dad,

Quick note home since it is the holidays.  Its funny, but time travels differently here.  It goes really fast.  

But as always, I miss you all very much, even more so, now that it is Thanksgiving. (or the day after in this case!). 

Im lucky to have some amazing friends (and awesome cooks) here that are not afraid to go all out for the Thanksgiving holiday.  Ive been very lucky where ever I go to find a handful of very precious and wonderful friends, but heres where it gets sappy, yall!

Our lovely host - Natalie
Mom and dad, and the family back home, you are the most precious of all and I do miss you today.  Thanksgiving day, we Skyped and talked, and while you werent anywhere close to eating your turkey and stuffing, Im sure I could smell it through the screen. But thats not the point.  The point is, I think I must be the luckiest person right now, to have you as my parents, and my family as my family, and my friends as my friends.  I dont deserve any of you, but Im so very thankful for you all.  Yes, this time of year is hard on many of us ex-pats away from family, but I know Ive got people here, there, and everywhere, and for that Im thankful.

Even though you werent eating your dinner yet and I was munching on my microwave-able rice, , and 고추장. (which Ive probably spelled wrong, sorry bout that.) my Thanksgiving day was a great one.  My Thanksgiving dinner, with turkey and stuffing and all the works is coming up and it will be fantastically delicious I know, but I enjoyed my rice bowl and seaweed shared online with you just as much!



Happy Thanksgiving and lots of love, as always!

Oh, and there were pies!!!!!!!!!
The dinner crew
Lovely centerpiece lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment